• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

OWI in Lenawee County Michigan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

Thought I'd post my history of dui while quincy and justalayman keep butt slapping each other about how cool they are. Curious why you guys come to this board if you have never been charged with dui?? You guys only criticize others! Why would you waste your time if you have nothing to contribute? Who are you working for? Are you really that bored?

Quincy, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I appreciate you sharing. Just get tired of seniors like you who are always belittling others. Alcoholism is a disease. Do you make fun of cancer patients also? I was arrested twice for dui - one conviction and once the chargers were dropped. On the one I was convicted, I fully cooperated with the police, and was out of state, paid for an expensive lawyer, and at the same time was a victim of a crime - long story - won't get into it. On the one where charges were dropped, I didn't cooperate (didn't blow or take any field sobriety tests), and had a dirt cheap lawyer.

I certainly don't condone drunk driving, but I have personally witnessed much chicanery involved when applying the law. Read the posts I submitted for examples of the chicanery.

I have found it's best to get a cheap lawyer instead of an expensive lawyer for a plethora of reasons.

Just don't care for your big-government loving mentality and how you guys turn a blind eye to the killing of the most innocent thru abortion, but call for the chair for somebody who gets busted for dui even though he didn't hurt anybody.
I am here because I know the law and you are here, um, well, I guess I am not really sure WHY you are here. You have not provided anything of value in any of the posts I have read of yours to date.

Are you planning to surprise us sometime soon with something better?

As a note, it takes far more than someone like you, who tries to make some sort of an impact by spamming a forum with so-called advice, to "hurt my feelings." ;)

Last edited:

Rwedunyet

Quincy, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I appreciate you sharing. Just get tired of seniors like you who are always belittling others. Alcoholism is a disease. Do you make fun of cancer patients also? I was arrested twice for dui - one conviction and once the chargers were dropped. On the one I was convicted, I fully cooperated with the police, and was out of state, paid for an expensive lawyer, and at the same time was a victim of a crime - long story - won't get into it. On the one where charges were dropped, I didn't cooperate (didn't blow or take any field sobriety tests), and had a dirt cheap lawyer.
My brother is an alcoholic. He chooses to pour that drink. He chooses to put that cup to his mouth. He chooses to swallow that drink. He chooses to do this multiple times. He chooses to put his sorry a$$ in a car and drive it on the same roads as my children. He did choose to not allow field sobriety or breath test. He did not choose to have the blood test, but it was done anyway, by the hospital, during the time he was unconscious in the ICU after he plastered his drunken self all over the asphalt. (Guess what! He thinks he knows "the law" too. His "knowledge" landed him in prison for a long time.)

I am a cancer survivor. I chose not to have another tumor, but it came back anyway. I chose not to hurt like he** for a year, but I did it anyway. I'm "all better" now. I choose to stay that way. We'll have to wait and see what happens.

There is no comparison.

You have the logic of a drunken fool. Get over yourself.

signed,
the dull knife who does not care, not one whit, where the money goes so long as it keeps repeat offenders off the roads.

quincy

None of what you are posting has any relevance to the original post and original poster, witzeroni. Please stop hi-jacking threads.

If you want to rant, start your own thread or add to one of the many other threads you have started on this forum.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

witzeroni

My experience is to do the exact opposite of everything quincy says to do. He's always telling somebody to get an experienced (ie high priced) lawyer. My experience is to do the exact opposite. Get yourself an honest, cheaper Christian lawyer. The high priced ones will keep filing motions and the prosecutor will start to get ticked off and he will remember you. Instead, what worked for me, was to have my lawyer do none of that but go right to trial, and because there was no animus between prosecutor and my lawyer, it worked out to my advantage (not the case when I had an 'experienced' expensive lawyer who filed motions left and right).

quincy

My experience is to do the exact opposite of everything quincy says to do. He's always telling somebody to get an experienced (ie high priced) lawyer. My experience is to do the exact opposite. Get yourself an honest, cheaper Christian lawyer. The high priced ones will keep filing motions and the prosecutor will start to get ticked off and he will remember you. Instead, what worked for me, was to have my lawyer do none of that but go right to trial, and because there was no animus between prosecutor and my lawyer, it worked out to my advantage (not the case when I had an 'experienced' expensive lawyer who filed motions left and right).
I find that your experience does not apply in Michigan (or, probably, anywhere else). You, witzeroni, have not shown yourself to be someone whose advice is worth taking.

IN LENAWEE COUNTY IN MICHIGAN an experienced lawyer for an alcohol or drug related offense is not always or even often a "high priced" lawyer. IN FACT, some of the most experienced lawyers for these offenses IN ALL COUNTIES IN MICHIGAN have the most reasonable rates, especially for students. AND, because these experienced lawyers often KNOW the judges well and the prosecutors well, they can work well with them to get the offender the best possible outcome.

Whether a lawyer is a "Christian" lawyer or not does not make a WHIT of difference if the lawyer knows the law. If there is a comfort level that comes with hiring one lawyer or another, then, yes, go with the lawyer that makes you comfortable if you wish. But if "cheap" and "Christian" are your only criteria, then you may find yourself wishing you based your decision on more than that.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
A) Experienced doesn't mean high priced.
B) Christian does not mean experienced.
C) CHristian does not mean law abiding because I have met many so called "Good Christians" who are spending time behind bars for their crimes.
D) Trial without filing any motions? Really? No discovery motions. No jury demand motions? No waiver of jury? Nothing?
E) You are clueless. The alcohol must have rotted your brain.
F) Quincy never says hire a high priced attorneys. Some of the most experienced attorneys are appointed counsel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">