• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

OWI as Minor, previous MIP in Mich

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wooglin51

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I recently received an OWI while driving in Indiana. I'm 19years old and blew a .11. I am a Michigan resident who has a previous MIP offense. However, because I received the the MIP in a college town, they have a first time offenders program that dismisses the MIP after a 6 month probationary period. Does this MIP offense, which is listed as dismissed on my record effect my OWI charge in Indiana?

Thanks

Indiana Filer

What is the name of your state? Indiana

I recently received an OWI while driving in Indiana. I'm 19years old and blew a .11. I am a Michigan resident who has a previous MIP offense. However, because I received the the MIP in a college town, they have a first time offenders program that dismisses the MIP after a 6 month probationary period. Does this MIP offense, which is listed as dismissed on my record effect my OWI charge in Indiana?

Thanks
Chances are that the court will request an NCIC background check on you before allowing you into the first time offenders program. If that happens, the court will know about your previous charge. Since it was dismissed, it shouldn't affect your chances of being accepted into the program. At least that's how it would work in the Indiana county where I'm a probation officer.

moburkes

Don't you think it's time to stop drinking? Is drinking THAT important to you? Cause OBVIOUSLY you continue to drink and drink A LOT.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">