• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PA ARD class question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

freeire

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I need to complete the classes for the ARD program in Bucks county (trying to trans to Deleware county, PA). I have seen several courses online that claim they are flexible options to the regular classes. I work a split shift at work and could really use this flexibilty. Can anyone please tell me if these classes are accepted. In Bucks or Deleware county

PixieHeart

Be wary of "easy out"

You may want to call the Courthouse in Bucks County and ask whether the online program is acceptable before you sign up. They are the ones who have the final say and if you get involved with this online program before getting court approval and think you have complied with the requirements, you may find yourself in deeper hot water. AND...whatever you do, make sure if you don't get approval in writing, that you at least get the person's name and title, just to be on the safe side. The main number to the Bucks County Courthouse is 215-348-6000. Hope this helps!

Last edited:

paguy88

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I need to complete the classes for the ARD program in Bucks county (trying to trans to Deleware county, PA). I have seen several courses online that claim they are flexible options to the regular classes. I work a split shift at work and could really use this flexibilty. Can anyone please tell me if these classes are accepted. In Bucks or Deleware county
I can tell you in my county alleghney these are cookie cutter classes. Typically handed out to local medical/Psych clinics. A expamle in my area is UPMC offers these 12.5 hr courses. The class needs to be approved by the state. You best make sure they are. in my county they give you a list of who is approved.

The will give you at the ARD office where you are to go for the classes.

12.5 hrs class that you can take it in two days 6hr 15 mts on a saturday and 6hr 15mts on a sunday and be done with it.

I think they offer other options like 4 weeks of 3 hr classes.

I have never heard of a online class that is accepted. best check with the county.

freeire

got my answer

Thanks for the responses guys.

I contacted a rep from the courthouse. They told me that for bucks and Deleware county in Pa they only allow online classes under extreme need. Such as an out of state residency or a physical disability. I was however able to trans my classes to the county I live in so that I dont have to drive an hour away.

Thanks again

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">