• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pa Dui

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ph34r3d

What is the name of your state? PA

I just recently went through a sobriety check point and am being charged with DUI. My BAC was .20 and I have already been on ARD when I was 18 (5 years ago). My question is, because of the fact that I drink every day, anywhere form 6-12 beers a day, with this help with taking my BAC into consideration as in possibly lowering it? Also, what are the odds that I would be facing jail time for this.

This is also my first offense for DUI.

Any help or information would be greatly appreciated.

Well, if you're drinking a 1/2 rack a day it's inevitable your going to get in trouble. My impression of your post is that you're wondering if you have a drinking problem will they be more understanding. The answer is absolutely not......unless you take steps to get off the sauce.

You were in ARD as a teenager and you're getting a DUI now. They will perceive this as you've had a drinking problem since the age of 18 (and been driving under the influence) but you've haven't been caught in any offenses....until now.

You're in the DUI system and you'll learn what the DMV thinks about that, but what's important is....are you ready to get off the sauce now?

JustAPal00

At a .20 BAC in Pennsylvania, you fall under the highest BAC Category. If convicted you will lose your license for 1 year, have a fine between $1000 and $5000, face 72 hours to 6 months in jail, and be forced to undertake alcohol and drug treatment! If you get caught again, and your BAC is that high, you're looking at 3 months to 5 years in jail!

ph34r3d

I am not an alcoholic by any means, I just like to drink beer. I can stop any time, if I have to take AA classes or whatever, that's fine with me, I haven't have a beer since the DUI. My major concern is whether or not that I was drinking so often, if that can be taken into consideration of the HIGH BAC... and also whether or not I will spend time in jail... I know it's my fault.. and I am willing to pay the consequences.. I am just worried about the jail time because I have a family that I have to provide for.. And, I don't normally drink and drive... that's very uncommon for me I usually have someone else drive, its just that night I had no way home..

quincy

I cannot tolerate the inane excuses made by people who drink and drive. If you drink 6 to 12 beers a day, you should not get behind the wheel of a car at all ever.

JustAPal00

I am not an alcoholic by any means, I just like to drink beer. I can stop any time, if I have to take AA classes or whatever, that's fine with me, I haven't have a beer since the DUI. My major concern is whether or not that I was drinking so often, if that can be taken into consideration of the HIGH BAC... and also whether or not I will spend time in jail... I know it's my fault.. and I am willing to pay the consequences.. I am just worried about the jail time because I have a family that I have to provide for.. And, I don't normally drink and drive... that's very uncommon for me I usually have someone else drive, its just that night I had no way home..
The answer is yes you are going to go to jail! You are also going to lose your license for a year, with a minimum of 60 days before you can get an occupational permit!

sjmjuly

Yes you did have a way home,,,,it's called a taxi.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">