• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PA Interlocker Violation Penalties Possible

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TXridgerunner

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

It was bound to happen sooner or later. My idiot 48-yr-old son in PA got caught having his 13 yr old daughter blow into the Interlocker device on his car. This is far from the 1st time, just the 1st time he got caught. He has lost his 3 kids, hands down, already official. (sigh of relief from all) Apparently he "blew" a .299 when the police (called by the daughter's doctor when he showed up for appointment drunk) finally tested him. I don't know the numbers but I do know that's awfully high. As of this morning (4/19) he was in jail. I don't know if he has to stay there until his hearing on the 28th - nobody is going to bail him out, that's for sure. What we (the family) are wondering is just what penalty he could be facing - and for that matter, could my 13 yr old granddaughter also be in trouble? He did 3 yrs in PA State Prison for DUI and Child Endangerment when he wrecked his truck drunk, with this same child in it. One would think 3 years in Hell would have cured his alcoholism but no such luck. He has been belligerently adamant that he is not going to quit drinking, ever. Oh, really. . .? Everyone in the family wants "the book" thrown at him but what can we reasonably expect? Prison is the only safe place for him, his children and the innocent drivers on PA highways.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I'm going to say "NO" the child will not be in trouble.
Actually she could face juvenile court issues for aiding her father in committing fraud. The reasons why she blew matter. But she COULD be in trouble. At 13 she is old enough to know right from wrong and should have known this was wrong. The big question is where is this child's mother and why was dad allowed around this child unsupervised when he had been in prison for endangering her?

commentator

Why was he in the car with her, too drunk to blow himself, about to drive somewhere, and you not on the phone to the police? Where is the mother? Since he has vocally and non verbally expressed his commitment to power drinking to suicide, any other responsible adult within awareness should have been doing everything in the world to have this child taken out of his control. I am not at all sure a 13 year old would have the capability to refuse what an adult male insisted she do, and I've not seen a lot of grown people who were physically capable of keeping a determined drunk person from driving by themselves. But you're right, back to prison is the way for this addict to go. Quickly. He's not an idiot, he's a very sick person, and cannot be left in charge of a child.

Last edited:

TXridgerunner

The "mother" and me

First of all, I am in Texas and I don't hear anything until something bad happens. Nobody knew about him having the kids blow into the interlocker until after the fact. I think one of the kids spilled the beans originally. The "mother" is a drunk herself, even called CYS drunk when she heard about this, trying to take the kids away from their aunt & uncle who had them before while he was in jail and she was out of the picture. That call only served to spur CYS to officially designate my daughter and her husband foster parents and place the kids permanently with them.

Why the kids were back with their father in the first place is a long story. CYS originally took them away from the "mother" but my daughter had already picked them up and taken them home with her so CYS said she could keep them but didn't make it official. Therefore, no money from them to help her and her husband with 3 extra troubled kids (they have 3 of their own) and the father out of work. They did the best they could with these kids but it was very hard. As I said, they were troubled when she got them, ADD, bipolar, behavior problems. The "mother" refused to help financially. By the time my son got paroled, had necessary abdominal surgery that the prison system refused him, was accepted for SSI (he'll be disabled for the rest of his life due to PA prison system denying him surgery when the problem could have been easily remedied) and found a 3-bedroom house to rent for them all my daughter was close to a nervous breakdown and the kids couldn't wait to get out of her strict religious household where they were, by then, purposely causing more and more problems. Her husband was, and is, still out of work - they live in a really rural area, not much work to begin with. It was with misgivings that the kids were given back to him but at the time it was really necessary all around. It wasn't working, even before this. The 14-yr-old girl is currently in a mental hospital for slashing her wrists, the 13-yr-old was recently in the ER after taking a bunch of pills (her father had to be driven to the ER because he was drunk, the ER staff called the cops and CYS but they only put a watch on them at that time, my daughter was just out of the hospital after kidney surgery). Before anyone suggests that I take the kids - I'm 70 years old, taking care of an 80-yr-old husband in ill health in a small house 2,000 miles away from everybody. And yes, I know my son is sick - it's refusing to get help that makes him stupid!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">