• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PA Out of State DUI, Deferred Prosecution

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gary1391

Hello everyone. In January I received an out of state DUI arrest in Oklahoma. I'm temporarily here for work, but my original license was issued in Pennsylvania. The arresting officer confiscated my license and I spent 5 days in confinement because of the holiday weekend. I'd never been in trouble before, and never want to live through anything like this again. After the incident, I received a 30-day temporary license, followed by 90 days of driving suspension until my court case in April. My lawyer fought to get me a 6 month deferred prosecution option, which basically means there is no conviction, and as long as I stay out of trouble for that probation period, I'll be ok. My question is, since there is no conviction, am I able to apply for a new license during that probationary period? Couldn't find much information on this, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Last edited:

FlyingRon

What happened to your physical license?
Are your driving privileges suspended in Oklahoma? For how long?
Why aren't you asking your lawyer?

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
You need to find out what happened to your PA license and I don't mean what happened to it physically. If it is suspended also then your stuck. If not then you may just be able to apply for a replacement license.

It may have been taken just to keep you from driving. Or maybe it was sent back to PA DMV with a report of the circumstances.

I will also ask why you aren't asking your attorney these questions?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">