• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Penalties for Drunk Driving Offense

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

quincy

Taking a guess here based only on the title of the thread and single question, and seeing as how no state has been provided:

The minimum penalty for a first time DUI would be $0 fine/0 days jail time/no diversion/no probation/no community service hours.

That would be if the ticket can be dismissed for some reason.

:)

Last edited:

Mass_Shyster

Taking a guess here based only on the title of the thread and single question, and seeing as how no state has been provided:

The minimum penalty for a first time DUI would be $0 fine/0 days jail time/no diversion/no probation/no community service hours.

That would be if the ticket can be dismissed for some reason.

:)
After re-reading the question, I agree with quincy, but for a different reason.

The minimum penalty for a first time DUI is nothing, assuming the operator wasn't caught.

Silverplum

After re-reading the question, I agree with quincy, but for a different reason.

The minimum penalty for a first time DUI is nothing, assuming the operator wasn't caught.
But how would the operator receive the first time DUI, if the operator wasn't caught?

The missing word is "citation." ;)

quincy

Based on statistics (if there are statistics on this, and I am sure there must be, and I am sure they support this), if there is a first time DUI citation, there has likely been several prior DUIs that were not cited. Luck eventually runs out or fate intervenes or [place your own preferred idiom here].

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">