• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pennsylvania DUI/A.R.D Program

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mh260

I am in need of some good advice..I hope I can find the answer I'm looking for..

A couple of details..I'm 18, live in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania.

I got a DUI a couple of months ago, went down to the district magistrate, and they dropped the Underage, but I still got a DUI and "careless" driving. I blew what was believed to be a 0.08. Now, my question is, I have to go downtown in front of the Judge, and I have to get qualified for this A.R.D (Accelerated Rehabilitation Disposition?) program. Will I get urine/blood tested while doing this "class", or the day of this court hearing?..I am worried because I occasionally use marijuana, and do not want it to get me in even more trouble. They had found a "roach" in my ashtray of my car when I was arrested, but do not know if they'll bring that up down at the hearing or not. I just want to know what I was walking into before I went down.

Thank you for all your help, I really appreciate it. have a good day.

I went through ARD for a DUI about a year ago. I never went through urine or blood tests at all. As part of the program, I had to attend 5 alcohol counseling sessions. At the 2nd session, the addiction counselor had me blow into a tube once. It wasn't attached to a machine or anything. I didn't really worry or care about it because I quit drinking after my arrest & weed/drugs were never my thing. If you are going to worry about something, consider the fact that you are being given a 2nd chance through ARD & still doing things that could ruin it. At only 18, you might be standing at the top of the slippery slope heading down into the criminal justice system unless you make some radical changes in your life. Worse still, you could wind up killing someone. good luck to you.

mh260

I very well understand that, and ever since I have not even touched any alcohol. I just use marijuana sadly to help deal with a little bit of stress every now and again. I've tried some alternate things to help, such as weight lifting and other types of activities, but I must find something else to do.

But I very well know that I did wrong, and I'll be paying the consequence..I'm just very glad no one was hurt or anything. I thank you for your honest opinion and anyone elses.

What state do you happen to live in where you went through the A.R.D Program?

mh260

I'm then assuming that it would be the same in most parts of the state of PA , even if the counties do differ?

I'm then assuming that it would be the same in most parts of the state of PA , even if the counties do differ?
i doubt very much there will be any blood or urine testing as part of your ARD. At some point you will maybe have to blow into a tube. Your BAC was low so you will probably get short probation time too. Did you do the CRN eval yet?

FlyingRon

They may or may not test you. But why the hell would you go and blow a easy second chance. The probation is typically only 60 days. Don't do anything to screw it up. Give up pot and drinking for the interim (don't know which county you're in, but Berks I believe has no drinking PERIOD as a condition). You can do it.

irish77

Ard

I got ARD in Delco, PA about 8 years ago. No blood/urine test. I think that's actually illegal because the urine/blood tests have to be included as court-ordered sanctions for your crime. ARD is a drop in the bucket for people, but a great alternative to what could of happpened...

dont be like me and get a second. no ard, loss of a year and a breathlyzer installed.

FlyingRon

Blood / Urine tests do not need to be ordered by the court specifically. They are part of the general probation requirements. Whether they chose to do them or not is entirely at the discretion of the probation department. ARD generally is short and not supervised, so your only contact with them will be the day of your court hearing where you go up there and they tell you to make sure to pay your fees.

Taper420

CRN evaluation? Not real sure what that may be.
CRN is just a questionnaire that your PO will ask you in order to determine if you need a tougher intervention (inpatient treatment, abusers programs, etc). Chances are, you won't need anything besides standard ARD.

I have ARD right now and my probation is 6 months. Might be a county by county thing but I've never heard of anyone getting 60 days.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">