• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Prescription Med DUI

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ASFCapitalist

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

I recently hit some ice and came close to having a head on collision on my way home from work. I ran across oncoming traffic and into a corn field but no accident or injuries occured. When the police showed up on the scene, they gave me a field sobriety test. I was so shaken up by the near miss accident that I failed. I blew 0.0 breathalyzer but admitted that I take pain meds for a medical condition. They took me to the local hospital for a urine sample and I could not urinate. That is a side effect of the medication I take. The police did not take a blood sample, and the charged me with refusal to submit to the urine test. I was charged with DUI as well. What is the likelihood of me being convicted of DUI in court?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

CdwJava

No one here has a crystal ball or knows what evidence the police might have against you. If the FSTs and the officer's observations are sufficient to show that you were impaired, you might have a tough case to make.

Consult legal counsel for advice on how best to proceed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">