• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

prescription medication dui

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

swift2276

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA / NJ

I was charged with a prescription DUI recently. They didn't take any blood at the time of arrest. Only a urine sample. Why only urine? Wouldn't the blood give them more to work with? Will this help my case?

xylene

If there are other indica of drug abuse, and you flunk the pee test... the state has a case.

You need a good lawyer.

swift2276

If there are other indica of drug abuse, and you flunk the pee test... the state has a case.

You need a good lawyer.
You got that right..Just dropped a ton of money for a strong lawyer.

I guess my question is. How would I flunk? There are no other drugs in my system besides the ones prescribed. Field test asside..how will the urine help? Is just the presence of the meds enough? Were they looking for harder drugs?

cyjeff

Urine gives more than a "yes no" answer.

Besides, there are several prescription drugs that should not be taken while driving... even when prescribed.

CdwJava

Being under the influence of even prescription meds while driving is unlawful. It is possible that the protocol where you are prefers urine over blood for drug tests - and there are some drugs that are more readily tested in urine than in blood. It may have been a judgment call depending on the meds you had allegedly ingested, or the officer suspected.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">