• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Prescription meds

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Griceok01

In Oklahoma. I had taken my medications for the evening which consisted of verapamil for blood pressure, hydrochlorazidide (water pill), anti depressant and an ambien. I started feeling very strange, my lips where numb and I felt pressure in my chest and couldn't get a good breath. I'm literally less then a mile from the hospital and my wife wasn't home. I decided to go to the emergency room and I got pulled over off entrance to the hospital. They Said I was weaving. I literally had nothing to drink. I honestly thought they would let me go get checked. They gave me a field sobriety test and said there was no odor asked so they asked me if I had taken any medication. I said I did. They arrested me for DUI. I submitted to a blood test which I haven't gotten the results back. I have never had anything like this. My wife came to get me and I was so shook up I just went home.

Any advice?

justalayman

Ya, hire a lawyer.

You can be charged for being under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Given you had taken Ambien I'm not surprised you were not able to drive well.

Silverplum

In Oklahoma. I had taken my medications for the evening which consisted of verapamil for blood pressure, hydrochlorazidide (water pill), anti depressant and an ambien. I started feeling very strange, my lips where numb and I felt pressure in my chest and couldn't get a good breath. I'm literally less then a mile from the hospital and my wife wasn't home. I decided to go to the emergency room and I got pulled over off entrance to the hospital. They Said I was weaving. I literally had nothing to drink. I honestly thought they would let me go get checked. They gave me a field sobriety test and said there was no odor asked so they asked me if I had taken any medication. I said I did. They arrested me for DUI. I submitted to a blood test which I haven't gotten the results back. I have never had anything like this. My wife came to get me and I was so shook up I just went home.

Any advice?
Call a friend for a ride, or a cab, or something other than driving under the influence.

commentator

Ya, hire a lawyer.

You can be charged for being under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Given you had taken Ambien I'm not surprised you were not able to drive well.
And an anti depressant, a diuretic, a blood pressure pill, holy moley, no wonder you got to feeling poorly! But you should've called 911, not taken a drive. Obviously your judgment was a little off. Ambien is a very tricky drug, can produce sleepwalking (driving, eating, etc.) You need a good attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">