• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

previous DUI and physician residency

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

katatak79

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? kansas

I am currently finishing up medical school and applying for my state licensure and the application asks if i have ever been arrested and convicted and what for. About 7.5 years ago, I did receive a DUI, but i went through a diversion program which allegedly would have the charge expunged from my record after 5 years if I did not have any other convictions. This being the case, do I have to report any arrests, or will this information be available to anyone?

Mass_Shyster

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? kansas

I am currently finishing up medical school and applying for my state licensure and the application asks if i have ever been arrested and convicted and what for. About 7.5 years ago, I did receive a DUI, but i went through a diversion program which allegedly would have the charge expunged from my record after 5 years if I did not have any other convictions. This being the case, do I have to report any arrests, or will this information be available to anyone?
Unless the question reads: "Exclude any arrests that have been expunged", answering "NO" would be false.

xylene

Be Honest.

Many doctors have DWI.

The consequences of lying VASTLY exceed those of a DWI!!!!!!

paguy88

this is easy IMO, but I could be wrong.

if you did a criminal background check would anything come up? you said it was expunged.

if the anwser is no.. then I would anwser no. if it is expunged then it is expunged. gone.

the point of diversion in some respects in states like PA and the expungement is so you can anwser NO.. and avoid convition.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">