• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dpete28

Colorado
I got a DWAI and was sentenced to probation for 18 months. I came up hot on a few UAs early in my probation and stayed clean until i came up hot with a month to go in my probation. Im not in the same county as my charge. They called my PO and asked her to close courtesy on my case. Can anyone please enlighten me on what "Closed courtesy" means? What is it looking like for me? Please and thank you

quincy

Colorado
I got a DWAI and was sentenced to probation for 18 months. I came up hot on a few UAs early in my probation and stayed clean until i came up hot with a month to go in my probation. Im not in the same county as my charge. They called my PO and asked her to close courtesy on my case. Can anyone please enlighten me on what "Closed courtesy" means? What is it looking like for me? Please and thank you
Your original case remains with the original court that sentenced you to probation. It appears that there was a "courtesy" transfer of probation supervision from the county where you were sentenced to the county where you reside.

I am not certain what "closed courtesy" means but your probation officer does. She would be the one to ask. As a guess on my part, it could mean that, because you managed to screw up the terms of your probation several times, you will no longer be serving out your probation in your county - and your probation might be revoked and your original sentence imposed.

But, again, speak to your probation officer. "Closed courtesy" might have a more positive meaning than my guess.

FlyingRon

Quincy is on the right track. An order to "close courtesy" means that the originating/sentencing district is taking back control of your case from the currently supervising district. You can likely expect that some change in sacnctions is coming.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">