• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Progress Report?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

heyitsme

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I have to do an 18 month program, started in November, and now this June 11th I have to go back to the court for a progress report. The lady at the court said I have to get the progress report from my dui program.

Now, what exactly is the point of this? I'm a bit confused because obviously if there was poor progress (not going to groups, missing meetings, etc), my dui program would notify the courts and a warrant would be issued. Since that is not the case, I am obviously progressing well and attending everything that needs to be attended. So Im not really understanding why I have to go back for this progress report. Any insight?

CdwJava

The court wants to make sure you are doing what you are supposed to do. This is typical. Whether you like it or not, the court wants to see what you are up to.

- Carl

heyitsme

Yeah, I know....and it's no big deal, I dont mind going. I just don't understand why. If I wasn't doing what I was suppose to be doing, the court would already know about it (the dui program would have contacted the courts)....so that's why it just doesn't really make sense to me. I didn't have to do anything else besides the program. No community service, no jail, no anything. Just had to pay and do the program. So yeah, just a little confused because like I said, the courts would already know if I wasn't keeping up with the classes.

mommyof4

Yeah, I know....and it's no big deal, I dont mind going. I just don't understand why. If I wasn't doing what I was suppose to be doing, the court would already know about it (the dui program would have contacted the courts)....so that's why it just doesn't really make sense to me. I didn't have to do anything else besides the program. No community service, no jail, no anything. Just had to pay and do the program. So yeah, just a little confused because like I said, the courts would already know if I wasn't keeping up with the classes.
Maybe the court would like to have your progress report in your file for documentation. :)

CdwJava

Yeah, I know....and it's no big deal, I dont mind going. I just don't understand why. If I wasn't doing what I was suppose to be doing, the court would already know about it (the dui program would have contacted the courts)
The judge doesn't read those reports every day, they read them when they are subject to review. Apparently this is that review time. the only time it would come to the court's attention earlier would be if the Probation Office decided to pursue a violation against you.

So, you have to show up so the court can review your progress - that requires your presence.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">