• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Public Intox in TX

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bigfully

What is the name of your state?Texas

I was arrested for PI last week. I had a flat tire and pulled over to fix and I couldn't find the tire tools. I had a few drinks earlier but several hours earlier. but decided to relax for a bit and fell asleep. When the officer knocked and woke me up, I was caught off guard and he immediatly wanted me to do a field test and I refused saying give me a minute. He put me in cuffs, and off to jail we went. I then passed field test in processing, with comment from officer " why didn't you do it 5 minutes ago" ... anyways my question is do I need a lawyer, I have a previous DWI.. will this affect, can I get jail time or probation. I heard this is only a fined offense. Can I plead not guilty, seeing how there is no proof of intoxication, (only smelled of alcohol)? :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">