• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Public Intoxication

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

exquisitered

What is the name of your state? TEXAS

basically, i got a PI in downtown dallas. got taken to the "drunktank", served my 8 hours, got released the next morning (wasn't bailed out). i was intoxicated, no question about it, not thinking of pleading innocent or anything...but i've been getting mixed advice from friends, so i figured i'd try asking here. basically, some friends have said that i should request a court date, then talk to the DA, say that i have "time served", & that it'll get dropped or less of a fine or something...as it stands, the citation i got when i was released says i have to pay a $355 fine. so do i just pay the fine, or ask for a court date, talk to the DA or whatever? if i did that, could i pay in installments instead of paying the whole thing (if i did still have to pay the whole fine)? how long does a PI stay on your record, or does it go away when i pay it? or can i get some kind of probationary period, is there deferred adjudication for PIs? would i have to take alcohol classes? or is this even that important in the eyes of the law?

thanks in advance for your assistance!

I don't think

that public intoxication is a criminal offense, so it wouldn't show up on your crimnal record, but legal experts in this forum would have to verify that. Not sure where that shows up.

At least now you've wised up to the fact that you don't want to drink in public or at a public place. that'll reduce the risk about 90% of you getting ticketed or a DUI.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">