• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Public Intoxication, Minor Consumption, and Alcoholics Annonymous:

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stigmatalectron

What is the name of your state? Indiana.

First off, I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I couldn't find a more suitable one.

Earlier this summer, I was arrested on charges of Public Intoxication, Minor Consumption, and Conversion (I got drunk and stole a rug). When I got out of jail, pleading not guilty and getting out on O.R., I was ordered to take alcohol rehab classes and given a court date at the end of the summer.

Since then, I've relocated to another state. I've consulted with this state's drug abuse programs, but they tell me before I sign up that I should really contact my lawyer and ask if there's any particular requirements for any AA-like class I could go to - but my Lawyer (actually a public defender) isn't available until the day of my court date - he apparantly pulled a Mr. President and went on vacation for the entire month of August.

I've been trying to see if I can postpone my date, but the courts are demanding that I go there in person and write a letter to the judge.

What do you think the charges will be if I'm unable to take these alcohol classes in time? What would happen if I never showed up in Indiana at all? Do you think it really matters what kind of alcoholics class I take?

Thank you very much for your time and responses.What is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">