• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pulled out all the stops for my first DUI. :(

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rosseliz

Washington state, Clark county

Days -3 and -2: on Girlfriend road-trip!! forgot to take 20mg celexa each and every day :/, consumed alcohol
Night -2: no sleep yet again due to hotel-room-mate snoring relentlessly :( went shopping! :)
Day -1: took 1mg lorazepam, consumed alcohol; returned home from road-trip in evening!
Day 0: took 1/2 celexa in morning; Discovered refrigerator broken and had no food so drank alcohol; On way to grocery store (I'm told that) I drove my car over an occupied parked vehicle, shot through someone's front lawn, and hit their house (brick.). :( :( thank god the occupant only had scrapes and no one else was hurt. I don't recall anything from leaving home up to the point of impact with the vehicle. I'm told that I stepped on the accelerator.

Police arrived and I was so embarrassed, so I jabbered on about how I'd been drinking all weekend and mixing it with prescription drugs, got little to no sleep last three days, had an empty stomach; willingly answered all the questions, took all the tests. Went to police station and confessed two or three times. I'm so ashamed.

Was arrested and I'm guilty as sin. I'm so remorseful and ashamed I can barely stand to think about what I did. I just want to concentrate on paying the resultant consequences of my crime and move forward. I feel so fortunate that no one was seriously hurt, including myself.

Should I even bother hiring an attorney? Can a lawyer get the DUI charge reduced? Will an attorney be able to save me more money in the long run than s/he charges?

My BAC was 0.20, I caused property damage to the home, major body damage to the car I hit, and scared the poor woman in the car to death. There's no way I'm getting out of this.

All I have going for me is: it's my first DUI, otherwise clean/ticket-free driving history, no criminal background, no minors were involved.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">