• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Matt5919

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MD

I was involved in an alcohol related accident single vehicle no property damage...
The police never ticketed me at the scene nor did they come to the hospital can they charge me several days later? the only proof they would have is if they subpoenaed the BAC from the hospital. I was never given the option for a blood kit to be completed by the police and to my knowledge they never even came down to the hospital.

FlyingRon

They can always file charges later. Did you refuse a test in anyway?
To get your hospital blood tests they need a warrant. Was there any probable cause to think you had been drinking.

Sounds like you may have dodged the DUI bullet.

Matt5919

Thanks. I was taken by ambulance to the hospital. Never admitted to driving the vehicle and was never offered a test and the police never came to the hospital. As far as I know In MD the police have to bring a special blood kit and obtain consent from the person before they can do a blood kit. Only if that test is refused can they subpoena the hospital blood results.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">