• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about DUI's

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Pa2017

In Pennsylvania, after a 3 rd DUI arrest Do you get to keep your license until hearing? (if convicted it would be 2nd dui conviction)

quincy

How long ago was your previous DUI conviction? Are you currently driving on a restricted license?

A second DUI conviction comes with a mandatory minimum 12 month license suspension (the length of suspension determined in part by the BAC). You face up to 5 days in jail with the conviction.

You need an experienced DUI attorney to help you and I recommend you also get help for your drinking problem before you kill yourself or others.

Last edited:

Pa2017

Last one was 2014. Still have license at the moment, will I keep it until my hearing? I also an a single mom of 3. Will the judge be leiniant on punishment? I don't want jail time or prison.

quincy

Last one was 2014. Still have license at the moment, will I keep it until my hearing? I also an a single mom of 3. Will the judge be leiniant on punishment? I don't want jail time or prison.
The fact that you are a single mom of 3 is not going to help you. In fact, the judge might be less lenient since you are responsible for caring for 3 and yet you still drive drunk.

Jail time is mandatory upon conviction on a second DUI.

There is a mandatory license suspension upon conviction.

Perhaps a good DUI defense attorney can work some miracles for you. I would not go to court without an attorney by your side.

I recommend you enroll in a drug/alcohol abuse program before you are ordered by the court to attend classes. The fact that you are already enrolled and attending classes when you appear before the judge can work in your favor. It will indicate to the court that you are taking your latest DUI more seriously than you have your first two.

I hope you have a relative or friend to watch your children while you are in jail. You might want to line someone up now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">