• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question aboutt being charged with dui and it being dropped to another 2nd offense

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Stacymihalek

Tennessee:

Hopefully I can word this so it's easier to understand. I've gotten my first DUI in 2002. I went 10 years. In 2009 I was charged with 2nd and 3rd DUI's in a 3 month period (I know stupid right) It was in two different counties. Because they were so close together both of them was tried as 2nd

I am suppose to be starting a job that requires driving at times. But can't because it will cost nearly a $1000 to get license. It's at a rehabilitation facility. Possibly would that help me to bypass interlock device.

But back to the point!

When I was convicted of two dui's, both marked as 2nd offenses. Will i have just two that will show up on a background check? instead of having all 3 and noted in there that it was dropped to a 2nd? So actually showing 3?

FlyingRon

It depends on the nature of the background check.

You're not getting around the restrictions nor requirements to reinstate.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Tennessee:

Hopefully I can word this so it's easier to understand. I've gotten my first DUI in 2002. I went 10 years. In 2009 I was charged with 2nd and 3rd DUI's in a 3 month period (I know stupid right) It was in two different counties. Because they were so close together both of them was tried as 2nd

I am suppose to be starting a job that requires driving at times. But can't because it will cost nearly a $1000 to get license. It's at a rehabilitation facility. Possibly would that help me to bypass interlock device.

But back to the point!

When I was convicted of two dui's, both marked as 2nd offenses. Will i have just two that will show up on a background check? instead of having all 3 and noted in there that it was dropped to a 2nd? So actually showing 3?
May you NOT get this job as you apparently have a severe issue with alcohol and should NOT be entrusted to drive those who cannot drive themselves.

dave33

May you NOT get this job as you apparently have a severe issue with alcohol and should NOT be entrusted to drive those who cannot drive themselves.
It is common for people with past alcohol/drug problems to work in rehab facilities. They are sometimes the most effective in helping others. The o.p. was charged 3 years ago, and now works at bettering themselves and helping others. Maybe, just maybe a little praise or congrats are in order instead of constant negativity. The o.p. could very well have a positive impact on several people's lives and help them through a very difficult time.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
It is common for people with past alcohol/drug problems to work in rehab facilities. They are sometimes the most effective in helping others. The o.p. was charged 3 years ago, and now works at bettering themselves and helping others. Maybe, just maybe a little praise or congrats are in order instead of constant negativity. The o.p. could very well have a positive impact on several people's lives and help them through a very difficult time.
Our OP is trying to find ways to avoid the interlock device...I wonder why that is :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">