• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question regarding DUI Charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cricks1988

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FLORIDA

ETA: My license is a Georgia license as I had been living in Georgia and had only been in Florida for two months.

On March 9th of this year I was arrested for DRIVING WHILE UNDER THE INFLUENCE/UNLAWFUL BLOOD ALCOHOL LEVEL which is a second degree misdemeanor as well as Traffic Control Device - Fail to Obey which was a Traffic Moving Infraction. This is the first incident on my record. My drivers' license has already been suspended. I had a lawyer but due to financial problems I was unable to continue to obtain his services. I have court tomorrow and was wondering what I could expect.

The case happened in Florida while I was living with my step father. He kicked me out of his home and I had to return to my mother's home in Georgia. My lawyer and everyone are aware that I am now residing here, so I was wondering what I could expect in regards to what could happen and if I were to get probation, will they transfer it here to Georgia or somewhere in Florida that is closer to me because I have no where to live in that area. Also, will I have to pay a fine before leaving court or will it be paid at a later date. I know that no one can give me definite answers, I was just wondering what the best and worst I could expect.

Last edited:

dave33

You will most likely have to explain the attorney situation to the judge. Since this is not a felony, he may give you the option of entering into a plea deal. If one is offered than go from there. goodluck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">