• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Re: Dui questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Re: Dui questions

TO PEOPLE WHO POST QUESTIONS: It's great that you have questions and we are happy to answer your questions, but also please give feedback on if the advice was helpful, and if the advice was tried, and if the advice helped you in getting success or insight on your situation.

We get questions, and we answer them, but we get no feed back on the results! We just want to make sure that what advice we give is helpful, and at least insightful!

The people who answer questions truly care, and we want to know what happened after your question got answered!

Thanks!

DUIAttyPCho

Just Blue

TO PEOPLE WHO POST QUESTIONS: It's great that you have questions and we are happy to answer your questions, but also please give feedback on if the advice was helpful, and if the advice was tried, and if the advice helped you in getting success or insight on your situation.

We get questions, and we answer them, but we get no feed back on the results! We just want to make sure that what advice we give is helpful, and at least insightful!

The people who answer questions truly care, and we want to know what happened after your question got answered!

Thanks!

DUIAttyPCho
Are you an attorney that has been vetted by FreeAdvice?:confused:

quincy

Stick around for awhile, PCho - people often post back.

Generally, though, the posters need to deal first with the legal issues that brought them to the site. That can take awhile. ;)

Welcome, by the way!

Antigone*

Tigi says hi!!!:)

Maybe I should keep your name in case I need a DUI attorney. Oh wait!!! I don't drink. Well, okay, I do virtually drink every night, but the wenches at the B&G call me a cab for the virtual ride home.

Thanks guys! It's great to hear all this nice support! :) I have been vetted by FreeAdvice, and I enjoy sharing my knowledge and knowing that I am helping! I always am learning and want to know if there is a better way to distribute advice! The hunt is on! Best regards, and keep the questions flowing. I check at least once a day to find questions I can answer!

Last edited:

Proserpina

(I rarely post in the DUI forums - I'm one of the family law wenches)

Welcome, Philip - honored to have you on board :)

May I never need your services personally ;)

Thank you Prospernia! I also wish that you won't need my services. It's not a good position to be in, facing a DUI charge. A DUI is one of the more, if not the most, serious type of crime you are looking at when it comes to misdos. But also remember, a DUI can become a Felony too. Either because it's a Fourth DUI (like a case I had to deal with today in Bellflower), or because someone other than the one being charged, got injured. And, to make matters worse, if it is a serious injury it becomes a CALIFORNIA STRIKE. The worst case scenerio is when one KILLS SOMEONE WHEN DUI, then one is charged with MURDER, and then one is looking at 25 to LIFE.

In the grand scheme of things though, a standard basic first time DUI charge is still a very lucky thing for the one being charged. Because no one got hurt, and no one died, etc. A DUI can all of a sudden get really really bad when one has a run of bad luck when driving DUI. Suddenly, one is facing a lot of prison time on a decision to drink and drive. So, I see a First Time DUI as a bad judgment case, and also a WAKE UP CALL for the one being charged that it HAS TO STOP! Its when someone starts to rack up a second, third DUI that it starts to become a MAJOR PROBLEM! Did you know that when someone is busted for a DUI for the first time, they have done it at least 8 tmes before they got busted?

Also, try not to drive between the hours of 12 midnight and 3 am period. I'm talking to the sober people. That time frame has the per capita most drunk drivers driving all across the United States. Because that's about the time the bars and clubs close! You don't want to get hit by a DUI person.

QUOTE OF THE DAY: A good DUI attorney will not have a repeat customer. Because after the attorney is through with the defendant, he will not EVER dare to drive with alcohol in his system again! So believe it or not, DUI attorneys do help bring the number of DUIs down. They make sure their clients won't reoffend again!

You Are Guilty

No shortage of CA drunks, that's for sure. No doubt your Fan Club will grow exponentially. But ah, I see a bit of a logical inconsistency here:
QUOTE OF THE DAY: A good DUI attorney will not have a repeat customer. Because after the attorney is through with the defendant, he will not EVER dare to drive with alcohol in his system again! So believe it or not, DUI attorneys do help bring the number of DUIs down. They make sure their clients won't reoffend again!
Either because it's a Fourth DUI (like a case I had to deal with today in Bellflower) ...

CdwJava

Not inconsistent ... but, even with good attorneys counselors, etc., some people will re-offend. However, the number of DUI offenders that are in their fourth or subsequent offense are less than 2% of the total (if I am remembering the numbers accurately ... it's early, and I am too lazy this morning to review my DUI instructional notes). I have come across only two 4th+ offenders that have been my cases in 20 years; one was a multi fatal, the other was a local alcoholic who just got her license back days earlier and crashed into the drive-thru window of a Taco Bell as I was passing by and watching!

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Not talking about this case in particular, but how do we know? There is no "vetted" icon next to anyone's user name. How does the general populace here know who is legit and who is not? Does the user just get removed by the moderators?

And why just attorney's? There are others involved in other legal-related fields who do not have to be confirmed or checked apparently.

signed... curious and exhausted

quincy

Most of the advisors on this site are not attorneys but post from their unique knowledge of the law gained through their professional employment or from their own personal experiences. Of those who are attorneys, many will post anonymously (even when vetted by the administration) for all sorts of reasons, including but not limited to the TOS of this site.

Your enthusiasm for offering free advice to those who seek it is certainly apparent from your posts, PCho, and your expertise is a welcome addition to the site.

As a note: The advice offered on this site, regardless of who offers it, is not meant to direct a poster to act on his own based on this advice. All facts of a poster's situation must be reviewed personally by an attorney in the poster's own area. It is impossible to do a personal review of all facts in a forum setting. So, the advice offered is provided so that a poster can understand his legal situation a little better. No poster should ever rely solely on the advice given here.

Welcome (again), PCho.

Last edited:
Well received and corrected Quincy! Deleted the more personal info on my prior post. Was not trying to solicit or advertise business. Was trying to alleviate concerns of if I'm really an attorney or not! :). But as Quincy said, the vetting process is handled very well at FreeAdvice. They get your legal name and info, as well as your license number and verify if you are real or not. I'm sure they also do an extensive search online of the person's information.

They also correspond with you a lot through email, and I have had the unique
experience of talking on the phone to a staff member on a consistent basis. Just yesterday I mailed a form to FreeAdvice which will verify I really am an attorney, although its unrelated to the vetting system, and just incidently verifies I really am who I say I am.

Isis1

Not talking about this case in particular, but how do we know? There is no "vetted" icon next to anyone's user name. How does the general populace here know who is legit and who is not? Does the user just get removed by the moderators?

And why just attorney's? There are others involved in other legal-related fields who do not have to be confirmed or checked apparently.

signed... curious and exhausted
i know since Admin let me know when i asked aftrer seeing Cho's post for the first time. so word of mouth is the way to go at this point. until Admin decided to elaborate. a welcome board would be nice! *hint hint*

i'm guessing other in the legal field are not required to be vetting since they hold no bar license. i did hear they are working on that for paralegals, though.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">