• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reckless Driving with alcohol

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bucksrq

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Got reckless driving done with probation in July, finished every single part of the probation and paid all the court costs, community service, school, victim impact, I was referred to drug/alcohol counseling through the DUI school, it was not part of my probation, if I do not complete however many sessions the counselor gives me by July, I am in violation of probation, and this is a backed up system and I am trying to get it finished but what can I look forward to if my probation is violated. My PO said that she can file a motion to get the probation extended because I am basically finished aside from an unknown number of counselor sessions

bucksrq

I am trying to see if my probation is violated to the judge and I have completed every part of my probation except the counseling which was not court ordered but deemed necessary though the DUI school. If they give me 6 weeks and I complete 5 of the weeks by the end of my probation what am I looking at in terms of what the judge can or will do to me after there is a warrant for my arrest

Antigone*

I am trying to see if my probation is violated to the judge and I have completed every part of my probation except the counseling which was not court ordered but deemed necessary though the DUI school. If they give me 6 weeks and I complete 5 of the weeks by the end of my probation what am I looking at in terms of what the judge can or will do to me after there is a warrant for my arrest
Can't tell you what a judge WILL do - SeniorJudge took the FA crystal ball when he went on a cruise and never brought it back. I can tell you that a judge CAN violate you if he so chooses.

bucksrq

Can't tell you what a judge WILL do - SeniorJudge took the FA crystal ball when he went on a cruise and never brought it back. I can tell you that a judge CAN violate you if he so chooses.
Thank you for your help I understand what you are saying, I am just kind of pissed that I have completed all the terms of my probation and then find out that a treatment provider at their discretion can recommend a few sessions up to as many as 8 weeks of treatment based on their professional advice or decision based on my evaluation they do of me regarding my drinking in my life. The probabtion officer told me she will fill out some pro se motion getting an extension on it or she has that option.....and if the probation officer doesnt do that then I get a warrant for my arrest. How long could I be kept injail if the bench warrant is issued I do have a lawyer that will represent me if this happens I have not contacted him yet because I plan on hopefully having the least amount of sessions as possible.

Just Blue

Thank you for your help I understand what you are saying, I am just kind of pissed that I have completed all the terms of my probation and then find out that a treatment provider at their discretion can recommend a few sessions up to as many as 8 weeks of treatment based on their professional advice or decision based on my evaluation they do of me regarding my drinking in my life. .
Yeah. I am sure the People of FL are kinda pissed that you chose to risk the lives of their children with your DRUNK DRIVING. Go figure. :rolleyes:

Curious how life and karma works, don't you think?;)

Just Blue

https://forum.freeadvice.com/drunk-driving-dui-dwi-27/2nd-refusa-floridal-586404.html

https://forum.freeadvice.com/child-custody-visitation-37/mom-took-kids-vacation-not-coming-back-570855.html

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">