• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reductions to wreckless driving??????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hayley3

What is the name of your state? Indiana
My ex was charged with DWI. He blew a .28, and they made him stay in jail overnight and almost a day to sober up. Yet he got off with wreckless driving.
This was about 5 years ago. He was finally caught again and charged with DWI.

Is it possible for him to just keep getting them reduced to wreckless? This time he had a little girl in the car. I know that makes it a felony, but I'm afraid he will probably not even be punished at all. I just took him to court and the judge patted him on the head and said don't drink and drive and punished me because I wouldn't allow the "father" to take her 70 miles away on his weekends. :confused:

Is it possible they might take notice this time? I called the prosecuting attorney to tell them it's in the divorce decree that he can't drink around his daughter but no one called me back.

Thanks.

Kane

It's impossible for anyone here to know what's going to happen to him, but yeah, if it's his second DWI, and he had a child in the car with him, it's not all that likely he'll get his charges reduced again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">