• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Referral to reenter dui program?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Estemarie

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I was suspended from my dui program because of absences--how do I get a referral to renter the program? The manager said I should get a referral from the court (SF). I have no clue how to go about getting this referral...does anyone know?:confused:

outonbail

You can either contact your personal attorney or public defender who handled your case and ask them to have you placed on calender so you can go before the judge and ask to be reinstated into the program.
Or,

You can go to the courthouse first thing Monday morning, (be there when they open the door) and go to the clerks window. You ask the clerk if you have to see the judge to get reinstated into the program and if so, ask to be placed on the calender that day. The clerk will give you the number of the courtroom you need to appear in and at what time.

Be prepared to explain to the judge why it was that you couldn't get to the program as required. This program is not like going to the gym. You don't get to go when it's convenient to you and if your booted out of the program for not making the required classes, you will eventually lose the privilege of having the program as an option along with all the breaks you receive by attending. (such as getting your driving privileges reinstated)

Part of this program is proving you are responsible and that you are taking this program seriously. Not showing up, will not leave that impression with the judge.

If your given a second chance, I suggest you make every effort to abide by the rules of the program.

Don't be surprised if the court imposes a fee for reinstatement and if you have to pay for the program all over again as well,,,,,

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">