• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

refusal & 10 day rule...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cheex090

What is the name of your state? Mississippi

I know that upon getting the letter about my license being suspended i have 10 days to "file a test refusal petition" for an administrative hearing...but how exactly do i do that? i've been trying to contact the damn dmv all day...with no luck. (just rings off the hook or i'm transferred to someone else.:mad:) guess i'll attempt to go over there after work...but if anyone has more information it would be greatly apprectiated.

tbud333

I don't know if this will be helpful to you but Here's a tip in scheduling your DMV hearing...schedule it for as far in the future as you can. This way you will have a "stay" on your license until the DMV has rendured their decision. Which will more than likely be a suspension. This way you can continue to drive until after the hearing.

cheex090

Well checked it out today...went to the dmv...apparently you have to go through your attorney here in MS. It's some lame long process. Through the judge, yadayada. Screw it.

Here's to driving w/o a license for six months! :D

cheex090

I've only lived in MS for about a year and a half...(originally from PA) but I've heard approx 1 out of 3 drivers here is driving on a suspended license. interestingggg, eh?

BigMistakeFl

BigMistakeFl

In some states, filing for the DMV hearing within the ten days can grant you a temporary license, but also just delays the hard suspension, unless you prevail in said DMV hearing. The temporary license is not to be confused with the hardship restricted license.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">