• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reopening a DUI case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hondaguy

Hi I need some help. I got a DUI last year in December, I finished everything with the courts and paid everything. But now when I try to get insurance on my vehicle it's showing that they put that I received another DUI in february which is completely false and it also shows that I got the blood test in which I did not. I now want to reopen this case and fight it because I have substancial evidence to prove everything they have is wrong. What forms do I need to fill out to re open it and how much should this cost me? Thanks.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Hi I need some help. I got a DUI last year in December, I finished everything with the courts and paid everything. But now when I try to get insurance on my vehicle it's showing that they put that I received another DUI in february which is completely false and it also shows that I got the blood test in which I did not. I now want to reopen this case and fight it because I have substancial evidence to prove everything they have is wrong. What forms do I need to fill out to re open it and how much should this cost me? Thanks.
You ignored the very important question that asked you what state you're in.

CdwJava

You are not going to be able to re-open a case that has already been adjudicated. From what you wrote, you were sentenced and have since completed the required programs of that sentence.

Now, as for the insurance issue, what record is showing that you have a DUI in February? DMV? Criminal history? What? If you have been denied insurance, you will have to speak with the insurance company and ask how to dispute the record they have. Or, seek a quote from another insurance company. If the issue is an incorrect DMV record or criminal history, then you will have to take that up with the appropriate agency for your state.

And, just which state are you in?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">