• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Restricted Driving Privilages Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

OhioOVI

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

Currently under ALS (suspension) in a pending OVI case. I've been granted limited work driving privilages that list work, AA, Therapy, Community Control Office and the County Jail.

It is "presumed" that I can drive to court appearances? I don't want to take any chances. ATTY seems to think it's ok but i don't see it on the form they sent.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
4510.021 Granting limited driving privileges.
(A) Unless expressly prohibited by section 2919.22 , section 4510.13 , or any other section of the Revised Code, a court may grant limited driving privileges for any purpose described in division (A)(1), (2), or (3) of this section during any suspension imposed by the court. In granting the privileges, the court shall specify the purposes, times, and places of the privileges and may impose any other reasonable conditions on the person's driving of a motor vehicle. The privileges shall be for any of the following limited purposes:

(1) Occupational, educational, vocational, or medical purposes;

(2) Taking the driver's or commercial driver's license examination;

(3) Attending court-ordered treatment.

Sorry, court appearances don't seem to be included. Looks like you'll have to get a ride.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">