• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Restricted License: Driving to court for change?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vaduiquestion

What is the name of your state? VA

I have a restricted license to drive to work and to drive family members for health related places. My job location is changed which means I have to change the work address on my restricted driver's license. Am I allowed to :
1. Drive to the DMV to obtain a driving record?
2. Drive to the court to get the document changed?
Thanks in advance.What is the name of your state?

vaduiquestion

This can all be done by telephone and mail...maybe even online (?)
Well, It is not something that can be done over the phone or online (may be by mail). Last time I had it changed, I had to obtain a driving record from the dmv and submit the paper work to the court. After the submission the judge approves or rejects your request. I also called the clerks office, who would not comment on it (She said that she can not tell me that I can drive to the court or to the dmv).

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Well, It is not something that can be done over the phone or online (may be by mail). Last time I had it changed, I had to obtain a driving record from the dmv and submit the paper work to the court. After the submission the judge approves or rejects your request. I also called the clerks office, who would not comment on it (She said that she can not tell me that I can drive to the court or to the dmv).
1) Take a bus
2) Take a taxi
3) Get a ride from a friend/relative.

Don't drive yourself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">