• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Restricted Michigan License - Moving To Washington State

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

neihardt

I currently have a restricted Michigan driver's license. The offense occurred in 2005. In 2007 I appealed the first time and obtained a restricted license that required I use an interlock device. In 2009 I appealed the second time and currently still have the restricted license I was awarded with the only restrictions being no driving after 7:00 pm and I cannot obtain a CDL.
The hearing lawyer told me right out that I wasn't given my full license because I don't attend AA or another support group. I have abstained from alcohol since the incident in '05 and feel that AA isn't what I need to stay sober.
The restricted license hasn't been an issue really. After the 'blow'n'go' I've been more than happy just not having to do that anymore. My wife loves to drive and most of the time i'm more than happy to let her.
the reason I'm trying to get it taken care of now is that we're getting ready to move to Washington/Seattle area. I'd like to know if I should go through the costly/tedious procedure again of appealing my license ,which im afraid may leave me right where I am now because i'm not attending AA, and what my chances will be of obtaining a regular driver's license in WA if I don't.
Thank you for your time!

FlyingRon

Washington won't issue you a license while you're under restriction in Michigan.
You need to jump through whatever hoops you have to do to get your license restored.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">