• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

revocation in IL

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bartgallagher

I have a revoked license in Illinois. I am moving to Texas for business. I need to know if the revocation in Illinois keeps me from the privaledge of attaining a license in Texas or if it really doesn't stand up.

Moving to Texas?
updated 10/28/2009

New residents moving into Texas, who have a valid driver license from their home state, have 90 days after entry into the state to secure a Texas driver license. To apply for a Texas driver license, applicants will be required to:

Applicants age 18 and over with a VALID out-of-state driver license (Select the highlighted links to receive additional information for each requirement listed below.)

* Provide proof of Identity.
* Provide proof of Social Security Number.
* Provide proof of Texas vehicle registration and proof of liability insurance on all vehicles owned.
* Complete required forms available at any Texas Driver License office.
* Pay the required fee.
* Pass a vision exam.
* If you have a VALID out-of-state license in your possession, it must be surrendered at the driver license office.

NOTE: If you have never been licensed or have an EXPIRED out-of-state license, you will be required to pass both the written and driving exams, in addition to a vision test.

Applicants under age 18 with a VALID out-of-state driver license
In addition to the items listed above, applicants under the age of 18 applying for a first-time Texas driver license and presenting either a valid out-of-state instruction permit or driver license must present proof of completion of driver education and verification of current enrollment and attendance in school (or high school diploma or GED),

I don't since why not since you haven't violated any Texas State Laws, but you can call the TX DMV and ask to be sure. I don't see the answer to that on their website, so your best bet is to call.

CdwJava

I have a revoked license in Illinois. I am moving to Texas for business. I need to know if the revocation in Illinois keeps me from the privaledge of attaining a license in Texas or if it really doesn't stand up.
If the revocation in Illinois is for an offense that would get you revoked or suspended in Texas, you can be pretty certain they will NOT give you a license until after you have cleared up your Illinois license.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">