• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Set up by the System

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cade_117

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
A friend of mine got nailed at a 'checkpoint' after having one (1) beer. He is now in the probationary period of a DUI arrest. He was told he had to take a certain panel test. Upon turning in the results, he was told it was the wrong test, the cost of which is non-refundable. He also received a statement from his P.O. that he had until the 6th of this month to register for a substance-abuse class which must be completed by the 24th. The class takes over three weeks to complete. He is now in danger of parole violation for both instances, and it appears the system is to blame.
This guy proudly served his country as a U.S. Marine and was recently laid off from his job of four years. His money has run out- he can't afford to pay for the 'correct' test, let alone a lawyer. He's trying to do the right thing, but the system keeps stabbing him in the back like a sneek-thief. Is there some person, group, or authority he can appeal to for help?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
A friend of mine got nailed at a 'checkpoint' after having one (1) beer. He is now in the probationary period of a DUI arrest.
You seemed to have skipped a step in there...

It doesn't go straight from arrest to probation.

cade_117

You seemed to have skipped a step in there...

It doesn't go straight from arrest to probation.
Thanks for the lesson. The area in which I expained my friends story is limited in size. It was an abbreviated story.
IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE WHO CAN HELP? I DON'T NEED MY QUESTION CROSS-EXAMINED FOR ERRORS. I NEED SOME ADVICE TO HELP KEEP MY FRIEND OUT OF JAIL!

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Thanks for the lesson. The area in which I expained my friends story is limited in size. It was an abbreviated story.
IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE WHO CAN HELP? I DON'T NEED MY QUESTION CROSS-EXAMINED FOR ERRORS. I NEED SOME ADVICE TO HELP KEEP MY FRIEND OUT OF JAIL!
Maybe your friend should be asking - you don't seem to know enough about the situation to ask appropriate questions.

BigMistakeFl

He's not on parole, he's on probation. The correct test will still have to be completed or he will never move beyond this. He needs to register for and begin the substance abuse classes and provide proof to his probation officer.

The initial "one beer" would not have placed his BAC anywhere near the so-called "legal limit". Is he a minor?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">