• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

smoking weed and driving dui

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chrisgt1023

i live in pa and i was recently pulled over for speeding. i was doing 56 in a 40. when the police officer come to the window he asked me where is the pot. i told him the truth and said i smoked it already. i know you never tell a cop you smoked but my girlfriend and best friend were with me and did want anything to happened to them. but anyways long story short. he pulled us out and arrest me and let me go. i took a blood and urine test and have court on the 7th i want to know how are they going to treat this same a drunk driving or different can anyone help me :(:confused:

JETX

i took a blood and urine test and have court on the 7th i want to know how are they going to treat this same a drunk driving or different
DUI = Driving Under the INFLUENCE (of alcohol or drugs).

Pennsylvania Code:
§ 3804. Penalties.
(a) General impairment.--Except as set forth in subsection (b) or (c), an individual who violates section 3802(a) (relating to driving under influence of alcohol or controlled substance) shall be sentenced as follows:
(1) For a first offense, to:
(i) undergo a mandatory minimum term of six months' probation;
(ii) pay a fine of $300;
(iii) attend an alcohol highway safety school approved by the department; and
(iv) comply with all drug and alcohol treatment requirements imposed under sections 3814 (relating to drug and alcohol assessments) and 3815 (relating to mandatory sentencing).

http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/pdotforms/vehicle_code/chapter38.pdf

can anyone help me
Yep. Get a good LOCAL attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">