• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Someone please help me!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hill4984

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

Ok I have a problem. I had court for my 2nd dui on jan 7th. I appeared as scheduled and the clerk advised me that their is no complaint in the system. She gave me a letter stating I showed up on my court date with the city of phx court number that said for me to cb with further inquiries. What does this mean? Do they have to serve me now in person? I need advise quick because last night I received a letter in the mail with a new court date from FARE program? What is this?

seniorjudge

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

Ok I have a problem. I had court for my 2nd dui on jan 7th. I appeared as scheduled and the clerk advised me that their is no complaint in the system. She gave me a letter stating I showed up on my court date with the city of phx court number that said for me to cb with further inquiries. What does this mean? Do they have to serve me now in person? I need advise quick because last night I received a letter in the mail with a new court date from FARE program? What is this?
You need to show up on the new date.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
what happens if I dont? All they did was send me a letter...What if I never got that letter?
If you never got the letter then you'd be dealing with the consequences of missing your date and having to PROVE that you never got the letter.

Lucky for you, you GOT the letter and can now act like a responsible adult. :rolleyes:

Hill4984

but I already attented my first court date and they didnt have any complaint on file when I showed up...Its not my fault they were slacking right....I just cant afford a 2nd dui my career would be over....I need some advise on maybe how to beat this....I cant afford an attorney....

Hill4984

so that ticket in the mail is good enough? no serve needed? how can they prove I ever received the paper with my new court date in the mail?

ERAUPIKE

but I already attented my first court date and they didnt have any complaint on file when I showed up...Its not my fault they were slacking right....I just cant afford a 2nd dui my career would be over....I need some advise on maybe how to beat this....I cant afford an attorney....
You should have thought of that before you got behind the wheel drunk again. I certainly hope you learn your lesson this time around. They don't need to prove you got the second court date. They will just issue a warrant for your arrest. Ignoring your charges will not make them disappear.

Last edited:

RRevak

You should have thought of that before you got behind the wheel drunk again. I certainly hope you learn your lesson this time around.
I was actually just about to say the same thing. It always bothers the bejessus outta me when I hear people moan about being held accountable for their actions...

Hill4984

First of all I really appreciate all of your advise and inputs but as for this dui that is currently pending. Dont bash me for have a couple of beers and driving. I passed every field test and even the breathlizer..I wasnt past the legal limit..but as for my actual results I have no idea because the cop sd he has to legally withdraw blood. So sorry if my posts are bothering the beggezus out of u...I didnt mean too..I realize I committed a mistake and I'm a man to realize that I just cant afford to have a 2nd dui due to the fact that im trying to get a job with the border patrol and currently passed all my tests with the background pending..so you bet your behind im trying to get out of this...

ERAUPIKE

First of all I really appreciate all of your advise and inputs but as for this dui that is currently pending. Dont bash me for have a couple of beers and driving. I passed every field test and even the breathlizer..I wasnt past the legal limit..but as for my actual results I have no idea because the cop sd he has to legally withdraw blood. So sorry if my posts are bothering the beggezus out of u...I didnt mean too..I realize I committed a mistake and I'm a man to realize that I just cant afford to have a 2nd dui due to the fact that im trying to get a job with the border patrol and currently passed all my tests with the background pending..so you bet your behind im trying to get out of this...
A mistake is something you erase with the other end of a pencil. Try all you want but just not showing up for court is not the answer. Get an attorney. Just reading your first post to familiarize myself with your situation leads me to believe that you will fail the blood test. You drank 6 12oz beers and 4 20oz beers that day. If that is your idea of driving after a few beers I hope they lock you up for the max. You are a danger to yourself and everyone around you. The Federal Government does not need irresponsible and dishonest employees like you guarding our borders.

Last edited:

Hill4984

A mistake is something you erase with the other end of a pencil. Try all you want but just not showing up for court is not the answer. Get an attorney. Just reading your first post to familiarize myself with your situation leads me to believe that you will fail the blood test. You drank 6 12oz beers and 4 20oz beers that day. If that is your idea of driving after a few beers I hope they lock you up for the max. You are a danger to yourself and everyone around you. The Federal Government does not need irresponsible and dishonest employees like you guarding our borders.
thats over a 10 hour span....fyi...and for you to judme me and say im dishonest and irresponsible you dont even know me....I never disrespected you so I expect the same respect back bro..Im sure your not the angel your posts seem to give u....everybody makes mistakes and im trying to better myself in that aspect...im been trying to have a career with the government since i was 16 yrs old...i just turned 24 now...n ive worked hard for what I got now...i just made some bad mistakes that unfortunately might cost me especially with people like you judging....

ERAUPIKE

thats over a 10 hour span....fyi...and for you to judme me and say im dishonest and irresponsible you dont even know me....I never disrespected you so I expect the same respect back bro..Im sure your not the angel your posts seem to give u....everybody makes mistakes and im trying to better myself in that aspect...im been trying to have a career with the government since i was 16 yrs old...i just turned 24 now...n ive worked hard for what I got now...i just made some bad mistakes that unfortunately might cost me especially with people like you judging....
First off I am not a bro and I am not judging you. That will be the job of the man that has tried to summon you to court to face your charges. I based my perceptions off your responses in this post. You have been charged with DUI twice making you undoubtedly irresponsible and reckless. You further posted on this site to find the viability of lying to the court in your state about receiving a document indicating your court date. That would make you irresponsible and dishonest without a doubt.

You need to work on your basic math skills as well. The time you quoted in your first post was only 8.5 hours, unless you were being deceptive there as well. The last time you drank you had the equivalent of almost 7 twelve ounce beers in two hours. You obviously did not learn your lesson the first or second time you were caught driving drunk. Thankfully you do not live anywhere near me so I am not at risk the next time you drink and get behind the wheel.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">