• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Soon to be ex-wife got DUI - I don't want interlok device on my car

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

govtdog

Texas - Harris County

My wife, who will hopefully be my ex-wife by the end of the summer, got a DUI. She is probably going to take the plea agreement which may require an interlok device be installed on our only car. Although this car is titled/registered in both our names, I am the only licensed driver on the title since my wife has no license. This car is also used by our two teenage children.

If her plea agreement requires her to put an interlok device on any vehicle she has access to... can I refuse to let them do so since that would unfairly punish me and my two children who are all innocent and undeserving of the stigma and punishment which an interlok device would impose upon us?

Thanks for the help!

Antigone*

Texas - Harris County

My wife, who will hopefully be my ex-wife by the end of the summer, got a DUI. She is probably going to take the plea agreement which may require an interlok device be installed on our only car. Although this car is titled/registered in both our names, I am the only licensed driver on the title since my wife has no license. This car is also used by our two teenage children.

If her plea agreement requires her to put an interlok device on any vehicle she has access to... can I refuse to let them do so since that would unfairly punish me and my two children who are all innocent and undeserving of the stigma and punishment which an interlok device would impose upon us?

Thanks for the help!
So dog, is this plea as a result of your playing esquire?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
In addition, you and your wife will not get away with committing fraud upon the court:

11-02-2012, 09:25 AM #21

govtdog

Was able to get almost everything in discovery from the DPS since they have now scheduled the ALR hearing. Looks pretty bleak.

Only obvious evidence still not obtained, and a pretty important one at that, is the video/audio from the arrest.

Unless that shows something which the other reports don't show, we won't be going to trial but will be looking for the best possible plea bargain from the DA.
We're also now looking at getting a divorce(how quickly can we do this?) so that I can put our only car on my name only and avoid going without insurance(which we won't be able to afford after my wife's DWI conviction is final) for me and the kids. Wife won't be driving if her license fee is $1K per year anyway.

What a crappy way to end our days after living such exemplary lives for 60 years.
You do realize that this divorce is attempting to circumvent the law and you are conspiring with your wife to do so?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">