• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

SRO DUI WV - min jail time 30 day ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

johnirsk8r

Ok i was pulled over for driving on suspended because of a DUI. which i had no clue was any different then just driving on suspended.
But Anyways it says i have a mandatory min of 30 days to 6 months in jail. Really WTF is that. I wasn't even drunk And this is my first SRO ever. I did 3 days and had a bail of 5k got bailed out.
I go to court to see what happens the 26th of this month.
Which brings me to my question. Am i going back to jail for atleast 30 days? because i will lose my job and that would suck. Is there anything my lawyer which i have only talked to for 5 min on the phone can do for me ?

My second question is. There was liquor in the car un opened that the cops thought was stolen had people from the car saying it was blah blah blah. They asked me i said no even after they said they would pull tapes.
Then told me they did not care about it. And was only going to charge me with a SRO DUI.
Can they still put on the statement that possible stolen stuff in the car would this effect the decision? Even though i was never charged with anything but the SRO DUI ?
And would past charges like grand larceny that was knocked down to petty. and the DUI on my record screw me into jail time ?

i understand only the judge IM going to see can decide IM just looking for exp guesses on what he will do please.

johnirsk8r

hey

i have one that was oppointed to me. he says that i might get house arrest or probation. but i didnt get a chance to tell him all the details i put in this post.
he did say if they didnt offer a plea which they should. then we would fight it. but the day of the hearing is when he will talk to the DA he said and wont know anything till then. thats why im asking what people think will happen.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
No one can guess what will happen. Your attorney is best to judge that.

This isn't the case of the century so it's not unusual for a defense attorney to speak to the prosecutor late in the game.

No one here has a crystal ball (maybe just a glass eye here or there) so we can't give you the answers you are looking for.

You have a public defender who has alot of other cases to deal with and this one seems pretty straight forward so just wait to see what he comes up with.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">