• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

statute of limitations and sr-22

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

John Plagge

What is the name of your state? Colorado

I recieved a DUI (my 2nd one) in Colorado in 1989, and soon thereafter left the state. Since then I havent had a valid license. I have had a few tickets for driving without in other states, but have always payed them.
Currently I am living in Oklahoma, and last time I checked with the DMV here, Colorado did not have a warrant on me, but they were still blocking my license with OK, wanting me to pay them $200.00 for a re-instatement fee. My question is, is this legal after 19 years? and is there any judicial recourse I can follow with Oklahoma to override Colorado.

FlyingRon

There's no statute of limitations.
You need to square yourself with Colorado before Oklahoma (or any other state) will consider licensing you.
Frankly, you're lucky you didn't end up here. You'd have spent some days in jail over this.

John Plagge

thanks

Not sure where "here" is, but I'm glad im not there. Sounds like another money grabbing R state.
Peace out Bro :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">