• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"Super Extreme DUI" in AZ

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

asuwrestler

This in the state of AZ in the city of Tempe.

Here is the situation, 20 year old male, 1st breathalizer was .190 at time of stop, at the police station 2nd breathalizer .222. On the ticket he recieved it is marked .190 now which breathalizer result will they use 1st or 2nd? Also what can we expect the penalties to be with the new AZ law of "Super Extreme DUI"? This is first time DUI conviction.

seniorjudge

You will be charged under the results of the official test (not the roadside test).

You can expect to be in the clink for a long time.

fairisfair

First Extreme DUI (BAC above .15%)
JAIL: 30 consecutive days in jail. The Court may suspend 20 of the 30 days if you agree to get an alcohol and/or drug evaluation, and submit to treatment.

FINE & COSTS: $250.00 fine, plus a surcharge, plus an additional $250.00 assessment to the Arizona DUI abatement fund, plus an additional $1000.00 assessment for arrests after March 13, 2004.

LICENSE: The MVD will suspend your driver's license for 90 days.

COUNSELING: Allowed if recommended in your evaluation and you want the Judge to suspend all but ten days in jail.

PROBATION: You may be placed on probation for up to five years.

IGNITION INTERLOCK DEVICE: You will be required to have an Ignition Interlock Device installed on your vehicle.

Now, get off the frigging road, I happen to live in this state.:mad:

And of course, being underage, I am quite sure they have some other special things in mind for you.

asuwrestler

but does the new super extreme DUI laws fall under a different category than these law you listed?

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I think the alcohol has already destroyed your brain considering Fair answered you. Too late for rehab for you. YOU WILL go to jail. YOU WILL lose your license. YOU WILL be very lucky if you don't kill yourself by drinking that much alcohol. WE WILL be lucky if you don't kill or injure or harm an innocent bystander due to your stupidity.

fairisfair

I think the alcohol has already destroyed your brain considering Fair answered you. Too late for rehab for you. YOU WILL go to jail. YOU WILL lose your license. YOU WILL be very lucky if you don't kill yourself by drinking that much alcohol. WE WILL be lucky if you don't kill or injure or harm an innocent bystander due to your stupidity.
Actually as of November, it could be worse, so I don't mind posting it:p

http://www.dui.com/dui-library/arizona/laws/super-extreme-dui

CJane

Actually as of November, it could be worse, so I don't mind posting it:p

http://www.dui.com/dui-library/arizona/laws/super-extreme-dui
So much for suspending all but 10 days, huh?

So basically, OP gets to look forward to having his license suspended, not being able to take cough syrup w/in 24 hours of wanting to drive (because yeah, those interlock things really ARE that sensitive), 45 days in jail, probation and about $1500 in fines.

Damn. Hope that kegger was at least FUN! :D

asuwrestler

Has anybody else on this forum been or known anybody that has been in this same situation? and if so what happened to them?

fairisfair

Has anybody else on this forum been or known anybody that has been in this same situation? and if so what happened to them?
yep, except for the being underage part. and everything listed above happened to him.

And about that moniker? are you an ASU wrestler? I am sure the school has their own set of rules for sports participation as well. And are you a student? FAFSA has a few as well.

mike_lee

Anything is possible with a good lawyer. You're thinking a lawyer can't help therefore that's wasted money but most likely they can help more then you think. Have you considered these points.

* Challenging the police officer's probable cause for the arrest
* Examining the circumstances of the blood test or breath test for mistakes of maintenance, calibration, chain of custody, or administration
* Attacking the results of the blood alcohol test on technical grounds, such as interaction with prescription drugs or food, or forensic weaknesses in the test itself (from random Tempe DUI lawyers site)

The bottom line is even if you do get convicted a lawyer can help reduce the penalties, even come up with a legal loophole that gets charges dropped or plead down to reckless driving. But the blood test is gonna be tough to beat.

Ya just never know. Good luck

fairisfair

yeah, good luck. you are gonna need it. AZ has some of the toughest DUI laws in the country. Not allotta wiggle room.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">