• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

surcharges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

STUBKIN

What is the name of your state? il. I received a dui in NJ in 1992 I just received a statement saying I owe them $3500.00 in surcharges and interest. Isnt there a statute of limitations on how long they have to collect? I didnt even know I owed this money until now. HELP!!!!!! thanx

HomeGuru

STUBKIN said:
What is the name of your state? il. I received a dui in NJ in 1992 I just received a statement saying I owe them $3500.00 in surcharges and interest. Isnt there a statute of limitations on how long they have to collect? I didnt even know I owed this money until now. HELP!!!!!! thanx
**A: how is it that you did not know you owed the money? You got a dui and know you did not clear things up.

G

GKris

A similar thing happened to me, but not for DUI, NJ has a nationwide reporting system. Which means if you renew your driver's license you may find it suspended. I had a NJ license while in the military which I left in my folks house when I left NJ - my younger brother used it to drink with and I never knew. He also got a few tickets on it and paid the tickets, not the surcharges. Tem years later I lost my Texas license and upon getting it replaced found it had been suspended because of NJ. It cost a bunch but they insist on full payment. They will work out a payment program if needed.

S

STUBKIN

ok thanx guys I kinda knew there were more charges guess I just forgot about them. Oh well Ill make the payment plan deal and pay my dues, thanx again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">