• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Texas License Eligibility Site reports Eligible?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SoberDriver

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I wanted to look for how much I owe (a hefty sum) to get my license, which was suspended years ago because of a DWI and has long since expired, so I checked the Texas DPS eligibility site. I couldn't remember my old DL#, so I used my ID#, which is valid. It reported that I owe nothing and am eligible for a license.

My Texas license has been expired so long that I will need to take a driving test. When I go to the DMV, will they check the database that the site checked and just use my ID#?

BTW, the same site used to report that I owed money, but that was when I entered my old DL# that I can't remember now.

Please, any information is helpful. I plan to call the DMV and schedule a driving test for Monday, but I don't want to be embarrassed when I get there if they look me up in a different way.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The DMV will be able to retrieve your old license number that you have conveniently forgotten.

SoberDriver

The DMV will be able to retrieve your old license number that you have conveniently forgotten.
But doesn't the DMV just use the NDR? And, presumably, so does their site (it returns the same values - INELIGIBLE, ELIGIBLE and LICENSED).

BTW, I've also gotten pulled over and just presented my ID, and it returns nothing about a suspended license (I was given a warning for driving without a license).

I used an Oklahoma license when I got the TX ID, but the DWI was recorded on my Texas DL#, so I wonder if there's a SNAFU.

Zigner

But doesn't the DMV just use the NDR? And, presumably, so does their site (it returns the same values - INELIGIBLE, ELIGIBLE and LICENSED).

BTW, I've also gotten pulled over and just presented my ID, and it returns nothing about a suspended license (I was given a warning for driving without a license).

I used an Oklahoma license when I got the TX ID, but the DWI was recorded on my Texas DL#, so I wonder if there's a SNAFU.
Your criminal attempts to circumvent the system will catch up with you. I would suggest that you keep an attorney on speed dial.

SoberDriver

Your criminal attempts to circumvent the system will catch up with you. I would suggest that you keep an attorney on speed dial.
Thanks, Der Kommissar, for your helpful comment.

I wouldn't characterize benefiting from the incompetence of government bureaucrats a criminal attempt to circumvent the system. I'm going to fill out the application honestly and hand them the only ID I have.

Zigner

Thanks, Der Kommissar, for your helpful comment.

I wouldn't characterize benefiting from the incompetence of government bureaucrats a criminal attempt to circumvent the system. I'm going to fill out the application honestly and hand them the only ID I have.
Question 9 on the application specifically asks if you've ever held a Texas driver license or or instruction permit. Good luck.

Zigner

And let's not forget question #12:

Is your driver license or driver privilege CURRENTLY or EVER been suspended, revoked, canceled, denied or disqualified in ANY state?

SoberDriver

Question 9 on the application specifically asks if you've ever held a Texas driver license or or instruction permit. Good luck.
You seem not to grasp that it doesn't matter what reality is or what my application says, what matters is what they look up in their database. The only number I will be providing is on my ID card. DMV drones are not famous for their crack investigative skills, and they won't be half as interested as you seem to be in my particular situation.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
You seem not to grasp that it doesn't matter what reality is or what my application says, what matters is what they look up in their database. The only number I will be providing is on my ID card. DMV drones are not famous for their crack investigative skills, and they won't be half as interested as you seem to be in my particular situation.
Alrighty then. :cool:

Just Blue

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Zigner

I'm going to fill out the application honestly and hand them the only ID I have.
So, your intent is to commit a crime. Good luck. :rolleyes:

tranquility

I do taxes. Government databases improve day by day to the point I fear. All kinds of data come in, from all kinds of places. Sure, I'm talking money. The thing The Man likes best. While it is possible a person can slip through the cracks, that is not the way I'd play.

But....

Power to the people!

Good luck. You're going to need it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">