• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

*Thanks Guys*

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Moon2007

I got a DUI(first offense) back on Sept 13, 2008 in VA and blew a .157 on the breath test and failed the field sobriety. I was miserable, stressed, and embarrassed with myself. I came to FreeAdvice.com and I did what FlyingRon, senior judge, and some of the other guys suggested and did my research for a really good lawyer.

My sentencing was today and I pleaded guilty. The offer was for 1 year probation and will be shorten down to 6 months with a 6 month restricted license, take the class if it applies to me and pay the fine. No interlock system or mandatory jail. Did I get lucky?

I have recently served honorably in the military for 8 years served overseas 4 times that may have something to do with the sentencing deal as well but I thank and salute you guys for your inspiration and your advice.

Some advice for all the askers out there, we all make mistakes and things will happen. Don't dwell on them, learn from them, and learn from each other on this site. Pick up the pieces in your lives that were broke and move on. Become teachers, teach your friends and siblings so they don't make the mistakes you and I have made. Life isn't over, suck it up move on, and teach each other. Life is a battle sometimes, keep fighting and hang in there.

Semper Fi!

FlyingRon

Seems like a fair sentence. At that BAC jail time isn't out of the question. The suspension is not negotiable, but the period before a restricted license is. Yours is typical. Interlocks aren't used on first conviction.

Moon2007

well we'll have to see, things work out differently for everyone. The court did say that the probation can be cut in half based off of good behavior. I'm a little stressed about the obstacles I have to overcome to get my license and my life back to normal. But all I have to do is just suck it up and move on.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">