+ Reply to Thread
    bobbarob Guest

is there a statue of limitations in virginia for dui?

What is the name of your state?I live in ohio but got a dui in virginia...is there a statue of limitations on this in virginia...please say yes...
    I AM ALWAYS LIABLE is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbarob
    What is the name of your state?I live in ohio but got a dui in virginia...is there a statue of limitations on this in virginia...please say yes...

My response:

Yes.

IAAL
    bobbarob Guest
    how long and such like that
    I AM ALWAYS LIABLE is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbarob
    how long and such like that

My response:

I'm glad you asked.

You see, and while you never stated it, you undoubtedly never appeared in court for the DUI. You bailed out of jail, and then you ran back home.

That means you have a warrant for your immediate arrest. That warrant NEVER expires - - except, and to fully answer your question, when you die.

So, don't get pulled over by a cop because when the cop pulls up your driving record - - whooops - - your warrant pops up and then you get a pair of matching bracelets!

IAAL
    bobbarob Guest
    hmmm...thats weird...because i did get a ticket and nothing was ever said...so.....In all reality there is no statue of limitations then
    bobbarob Guest
    no i never went to court....your right i got bonded and bolted....so for all the others out there in virginia...if you do go to the first initial trial and then bolt ...can they still get ya?....just curious
    cscjta Guest
    As IAAL said, the answer is yes - a warrant never expires, especially in Virginia.
    superbovine is offline Member
    to add to IAAL, if you get pulled over in another state and they run you info through the handy-dandy computer and it shows a warrant for you. they hold you in jail until they find out what they want to do with you. the whole process takes about a week. i.e. a nice fun few days in the can. most likely though they won't ship you back for a dui. have fun.
    ptlmejo is offline Member
    That will depend if the warrant is extriditible or not. If it's not a felony, it won't be.
    lfisme Guest

Texas

TExas county Dallas
    CdwJava is online now Senior Member
    They will probably not extradite you from TX to VA for a DUI warrant ... but, TX could very well suspend/revoke your license if VA did. And, you never know - someday VA may decide that they WILL extradite you.

Carl
    A Nor Cal Cop Sergeant

"Make mine a double mocha ...
    And a croissant!"

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM