• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

transffering dwi to wyoming

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tyki

I got my first offense dwi in Colorado ( was working there for short time) but I am a resident in wyoming. I am unemployed and am receiving unemployment checks. I spoke to an attorney and he said I probably would not qualify for a public defender. so I already had my hearing and I have no jail time but I have probation for two years, classes, community service and have to have a breath olizer in my car for two years. I have a better chance in getting work in Wyoming and can live at friends house
( who happens to be a cop). If possible how would I go about transferring my dwi there?

hoping you can help

xylene

The bottom line is:

The Colorado court that convicted you, the probation agency in Colorado charged with supervising you, and whatever agency in Wyoming that supervises you will have to agree to transfer your probation to Wyoming.

Things working in your favor:

You are a Wyoming resident
First offense

Against you:

No money
The agencies and courts are not compeled to agree to this. They can say no.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">