• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Traveling abroad after a DUI

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?
Michigan

I had a DUI about three-and-a-half years ago and now I'm considering doing some traveling abroad and wondering what sort of issues it will create.

As far as the actual DUI, I took care of everything properly and as far as the courts are concerned, it's a done deal, so I'm not concerned about traveling in that regard.

However, I know that traveling to Canada with a DUI anywhere on your record doesn't really work... I'm wondering if there are any other major countries with similar policies. Of course I will specifically look into the regulations with every country I plan to visit, but I figured some people on this board might know of some off the top of their heads.

Thanks

BigMistakeFl

BigMistakeFl

I traveled abroad for work shortly after my DUI arrest and had no trouble whatsoever, not with Customs, Immigration, here there or anywhere.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">