• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

trouble getting license back!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NickyM

when i went to court last year for a dui, the judge gave me 3 months suspended license, pay fines, 10 hours community service, and dui driving course. when i turned in my license, they told me i couldnt get my license back until i could prove, with counseling, sobriety for a year!! The prosecutor said that there was other things against my license and that is why this happened. I agreed to the prosecutors deal of 3 months loss of license! How does this happen, and what can i do about it?

Isis1

when i went to court last year for a dui, the judge gave me 3 months suspended license, pay fines, 10 hours community service, and dui driving course. when i turned in my license, they told me i couldnt get my license back until i could prove, with counseling, sobriety for a year!! The prosecutor said that there was other things against my license and that is why this happened. I agreed to the prosecutors deal of 3 months loss of license! How does this happen, and what can i do about it?
when you say "they", who is "they"?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Operator Control must have deemed you not safe to drive. As such, they are refusing to reinstate your license until you prove to them that you ARE safe to drive. They have given you clear instructions on how to do that.

BL

You will need a letter of recommendation from you councilor if you have completed 1 year of counseling successfully.

Then it will still be up to them to decide , but those recommendations go a long way.

NickyM

with not having my license, i am out of work and am not able to afford counseling. Is there now way around this? Why didnt they bring this up in court?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
with not having my license, i am out of work and am not able to afford counseling. Is there now way around this? Why didnt they bring this up in court?
This is not a court matter. This is an administrative matter.

I suggest you utilize the public transportation system in your area.

BL

There are places that charge fees on a sliding scale basis ,or get state assistance Medicaid to cover it .

NellieBly

Please realize you brought this on yourself.

I never learned to drive, yet I have a reasonably well paying job. I walk to work.

Many, many many people take public transportation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">