• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

****tt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

twistedesign

Well.. This is my first Dui..

At least I think....

I had a 3 drinks with friends @ the bar and right before I left the bar I downed my girlfriend and my other friends 1/2 drinks. We walked a few blocks to my car and then drove to the store to pick up some drinks before heading to my friends place, in total maybe 8-10 minutes, and we were a good 600' before the entrance to her place, and I was pulled over for registration.

He asked if I had any drinks, I took a sobriety test, I thought I passed. and then he pulls out the breathalyzer, and I told him I wasn't going to blow because I'd just finished drinks @ the bar basically right before this happened.

So I request a blood test....

Now I'm actually thinking about this.. what did I have in my system @ the time..

Now I've been prescribed Adderall in the past, and I took a 30mg-40mg of Vyvance given to me by a friend, for studying for a test earlier in the day.

And I'm pretty sure that a type of Amphetamine is going to show up in the blood test.. whether or not I was above .08 or not at the time of arrest.

Which I really didn't think I was. I don't even have a speeding ticket on my record. and I have a squeaky clean background, and I'm going to push for a wet reckless, or try to get it dismissed completely if I can use the defense "One for the road"

Like I said above I've been prescribed Adderall in the past, but I don't want to get my doctor involved since it has been over 6 months since filled my prescription...

Basically, I'm looking for what can I do? to either frame it in a good light, or
at least to give me a heads up to what I may be facing ahead of me?

Thanks for your time,
I really do appreciate it,

Twisted.

CdwJava

What state are you in?

And, specifically, what statutes have you been charged with violating?

...if I can use the defense "One for the road".
Um, that's not really a defense. I mean, you might want to explain that to the judge during sentencing just to give some context to your actions, but it's certainly not going to get you off the hook.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">