• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Underage ARD PA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CMM12

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

Alright, so here's what happened: I called a friend who had stopped by my room earlier (my roommate told me this) and he said he was hanging out in a room down the hall and they were watching movies. He invited me over and I said I'd be there in 15 minutes. I went over and they handed me something to drink which looked like lemonade. There was no alcohol out when I arrived, just everyone drinking from cups. After I took a couple sips I realized there was alcohol in it, so I put it down. About half an hour later a cop showed up and he asked the four of us there if we were drinking (we're all under 21). My friends said no and I simply stayed quiet while they shook their heads. Then he gave us a PBT. I blew and he asked me if i had been drinking and I said yes. Apparently I blew a .01, which I could've gotten away with. The officer wrote our citations and left. I probably should've left after I realized there was alcohol in the room so I realize I made a mistake. I'm wondering if I'm eligible for the ARD program in Pennsylvania, and if so, what should do to get into this program? Any Help as soon as possibly would be appreciated. This is my first time getting in trouble with the law ever and I try to avoid alcohol as much as possible (being a college freshman, it's kind of difficult).

Last edited:

Indiana Filer

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

I went over and they handed me something to drink which looked like lemonade. There was no alcohol out when I arrived, just everyone drinking from cups. After I took a couple sips I realized there was alcohol in it, so I put it down. About half an hour later a cop showed up and he asked the four of us there if we were drinking (we're all under 21). My friends said no and I simply stayed quiet while they shook their heads. Then he gave us a PBT. I blew and he asked me if i had been drinking and I said yes. Apparently I blew a .01, which I could've gotten away with.
Umm, no, you couldn't have gotten away with a .01. You're under 21. One sip is illegal. And BTW, you might as well admit it was more than just a couple sips. It takes a bit more than that to get you up to .01, unless you're extremely teeny tiny.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">