• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Underage Drinking in Virginia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jmudukes10

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

A friend of a friend was caught for a second time by police with underage possession/purchase of alcohol. The guys first offense was about 7 months ago. The court case for the first offense keeps getting continued, so I have no idea what the outcome is for the first offense. He was just caught for his second possession this month.

I'm curious to know though what this kid faces now that he has a second underage drinking offense in less than a year. He was 18 years of age during both offenses. Any ideas?

FlyingRon

I hope he likes community service and not driving.
He's going to do 50 hours of community service for each one.
His license is suspended for a year for each one.

And better yet, he's not likely to get any leniency on either one. I guess he could always plea at the second hearing that because he hadn't gone to court for the first, he hadn't legally learned his lesson :rolleyes:

If he went to JMU as your screenname would seem to indicate, he is only one of thousands that could be busted for the same offense.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">