• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

underage DUI

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

smaurer

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky

I was found guilty of an underage DUI in the state of Kentucky a couple months ago. The penalties associated with that were a 30 day lisence suspension, fine+ court costs, and mandatory "Zero Tolerance" alochol classes, plus the 40 dollar reinstatement of the operators lisence. I was told during the process that upon successful completion of the Zero Tolerance program that the charge would be erased from my record. I am almost finished with the class and i just received a letter from the state of Ohio (permenant address) that said my lisence is suspended for 6 months, that there are points to be added to my lisence, and that there is another 40 dollar lisence reinstatement fee. Can anyone help me figure this out? Do all of the penalties in Kentucky get enforced as well as the ones from the state of Ohio? Does the charge getting dropped do anything for me, does that make the Ohio penalties go away? Any information would be appreciated.

seniorjudge

Q: Do all of the penalties in Kentucky get enforced as well as the ones from the state of Ohio?

A: Yes. You have to make two states happy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">